The Deuterman Law Group was founded on a philosophy of putting people first.
Ethics, professionalism, customer service, justice, community service. Here, they’re more than buzzwords. They’re our core values. It’s the way we work, and it works well for us and for our clients.
I established the Deuterman Law Group in 2003 because I knew there was a better way to work, to treat employees and to serve our clients.
Through the years, I’ve assembled a team of attorneys, paralegals and office staff who believe the same way I do.
In everything we do, we put people first. We never forget that we are dealing with people’s lives, not simply cases.
Unlike other law firms, our goal isn’t simply to settle cases so we can collect a fee and move on to the next lucrative case. Our goal is justice. For us, winning isn’t only about how much money we can get for a client.
Here, justice means ensuring our clients receive:
- maximum financial compensation for their injuries
- the best medical care possible
- the best psychological support
- access to other resources that will aid in their recovery and improved well-being
We’re also strong advocates for better workplace safety protections. We are active in politics, working with lawmakers in Raleigh and Washington to pass and preserve laws that protect the rights of injured and disabled people.
Our attorneys, paralegals and office staff make it our mission to help clients adjust to life after their injuries. We care about our clients, and our clients know it.
Here at the Deuterman Law Group, we routinely:
- Assist clients in filing for short-term disability, long-term disability, unemployment compensation, Medicaid, Social Security Disability, Supplemental Security Income, and vocational resources.
- Help coordinate medical treatment by directing our clients to the finest physicians in the country
- Assist clients in financial trouble by directing them to agencies and community groups that can help with their everyday needs, their bills, and their medical expenses.
- Help our clients deal with the psychological, as well as the physical, impact of their injuries.
Our clients often tell us that we’re not what they expected from a law firm, and they mean it as a compliment. They’re consistently amazed that our people care about them, that we take the time to listen and that we’re actually very nice and that we provide top-notch customer service. These compliments are as gratifying as any “big win” in court. They keep us motivated and working hard for our clients.
Putting people first. It’s such a simple philosophy, but it has served us and our clients well.