Social Security Disability
If you have an injury, physical or mental illness or a combination of medical problems that prevent you from working or make it hard to work, you may be eligible to receive Social Security Disability benefits.
This applies even if you’ve been denied for benefits in the past. In fact, most applications are denied.
- Social Security Disability payments are available to people who stop working because of a physical or mental impairment that prevents them from performing “gainful” work, regardless of age. To be eligible for benefits, you must expect to be out of work for 12 months or longer.
- Disability checks are based on the average earnings for all the years an employee worked before becoming disabled. Benefits last as long as the injured person is unable to work. A disabled person can get benefits until age 65 when payments are converted into Social Security retirement benefits. Children under 18 and some disabled adults may also collect benefits if their parent receives disability.
If you are due Social Security Disability benefits or need help filing an initial claim, an attorney can help you. But don’t delay because time may run out for you to receive certain benefits. If you have been denied Social Security Disability, call us today at 1-866-373-1130.
Special thanks should also go to your client intake specialist, Maureen Olsen, whose persistence in leaving phone messages for me (even when they went unanswered) was the deciding factor that lifted Deuterman Law Group to the top of my list of prospective firms to handle my case.
At the time, Ms. Olsen found me, I was utterly demonized as a result of my search for legal representation. I had abandoned all hope of finding a firm that would be a good fit for me. I was in the midst of a three-week clinical depression. I had been bombarded with misinformation and humiliated in face-to-face consultations...
I was so impressed by Ms. Olsen's empathy and her patient understanding and encouragement that I decided to give Deuterman a shot before throwing in the towel. And the rest is history.”
-- E.T., Greensboro, N.C.
There are several ways to file an initial application for Social Security Disability benefits:
- Online at www.socialsecurity.gov
- On the phone. Call 800-772-1213 to set up an appointment for someone to take your claim over the phone
- In person at your local Social Security office. Call 800-772-1213 to set up your appointment.